EMV Chip Card with UChoose Rewards
Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change; or worse, having to write a check! Use your free FNB Visa® for all of your purchases — whether you are home or abroad. Your FNB EMV Chip Card* is safer than chip-less debit cards or carrying cash and more readily accepted than checks. Plus, this very same card is used to make ATM withdrawals and qualify for UChoose Rewards. One tiny piece of plastic — a whole lot of versatility!
*Customers will be sent their new EMV Chip Card about a month before the expiration date printed on their current debit card.
In addition to all of the general features of FNB debit cards, the EMV Chip cards will also include the following details.
- An embedded computer chip in each chip card adds a new layer of security to point-of-sale and ATM transactions when used in chip-enabled card readers.
- These cards help protect you from fraud because the chip gives every transaction a unique code that can't be used again.
- Instead of swiping the card through the terminal, a chip card is inserted into a chip-enabled reader and stays in during the full transaction.
- It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 ...
- Cardholders will insert their card, face up and chip end into the chip-enabled terminal.
- Leave the card in the terminal during the entire transaction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and either sign or enter your PIN as needed. Be sure to remove your card and take the receipt when the transaction is complete.
- There are no changes to the way payments are made on the Internet or by phone.
- For merchants without chip-enabled terminals, cardholders will ‘swipe’ their card through the terminal, just as is done today.
- EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) ensures global security and acceptance so your card can be used everywhere.
- Watch our online demo of how EMV Chip cards work!
- Use money from your checking account without having to write a check
- Welcome at places that won't accept checks
- Faster and easier than writing checks
- Access to cash throughout the U.S. and around the world
- Joint account holders may each receive a card (no need to share one checkbook)
- Make withdrawals, transfers, inquiries, and deposits (where allowed) at ATM terminals
- Get cash back at participating merchants when using PIN debit
- Save on the cost of ordering checks
- Avoid carrying large amounts of money
- Authorization process limits your risk for lost or stolen cards
- Better way to track your purchases
- Receive receipts for every transaction
- Each transaction appears on your monthly statement
- Earn UChoose Rewards!